Pertemps Medical have a unique opportunity for a Specialist doctor to work within the private sector as a Gamma Knife Clinical Fellow in London.
This centre is dedicated to treating complex brain conditions and its patients benefit from the expertise of a multidisciplinary team of specialists ranging from oncologists to neurosurgeons and radiographers all working together to make sure the best possible care is tailored to individuals conditions.
This exciting role is a 2 year clinical fellowship programme based in St Johns Wood, London. Working for the world’s largest private healthcare organisation. Please see some further details of the role below:
Grade: ST3 and above
Speciality: Neurosurgeon or clinical oncologist
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 PA depending on skills and experience
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week Monday – Friday (Day shifts only no on-call commitment)
Contract: 2 Years
As a Gamma Knife Clinical Fellow, you will provide medical and administrative support for the Gamma Knife service, professionally responsible to the patient's named Consultants who are responsible for the individual patient.
Skills & Responsibilities
- You will play a vital role in a strong multi-disciplinary team, partaking in medical requirements for Consultants patients. This may involve giving telephone advice when requested, pre-treatment counselling and consent, and participation in pre-admission and follow-up clinics. Stereotactic frame fitting (Elekta), for patients undergoing treatment and prescribing and supplying necessary drugs as specified by Consultants, or as requested by nursing staff.
- Preparation of monthly adverse reaction reports for presentation to the Gamma Knife monthly meetings (this will involve telephone follow up of all patients in the early post-treatment phase
- Responsibility for collating patient follow-up and outcome studies after Gamma Knife treatment. There are currently around 3000 patients on the database and many of these need to be tracked to determine outcomes
- There may also be some cross cover requirements with the Cyberknife Fellow.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- GMC registration with a licence to practise
- MRCS or MRCP or First FRCR
- Experience in Neurosurgery to at least ST3 level and above.
Previous post-holders have been trainee neurosurgeons, but the position is also suitable for clinical oncologists. Instruction in stereotactic frame fitting and removal will be provided. Training on the Elekta Gamma Knife Course will be provided. Training will be given where needed (Vestibular Schwannoma, Meningioma, AVM, metastases, trigeminal neuralgia, pituitary tumours, other skull base lesions etc) Additional Benefits:
- 5 Days study leave
- Private Medical Healthcare Insurance
- Contributory pension
- Onsite revalidation officer
- Annual salary review
- In addition to this, we are also open to sponsoring 2 year medical research, through our support university links. This will include annual bench fees and registration.
For further information or to apply please call Daisy Bruce or Gemma Wright on 01908 533240 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon.