Pertemps Medical are currently recruiting for the world’s largest private healthcare organisation in the world. We currently have a permanent position for an oncologist based in London with the first private hospital to offer digital mammography and have an urgent care centre.
The hospital was also the first in the UK to develop a surgical robotic centre of excellence with access to over 700 highly experience consultants ready to support your career.
Salary: £58-65k, depending upon skills and experience
Hours: Full time (40 hours) or Part time (1 x 24 hour shift per week or 2 x 12 hour shifts)
Grade: ST3 and above
Location: Marylebone, London
- To provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty
- To review and maintain legible clinical notes on a regular basis
- To be responsible for checking outpatient medication requirements (TTO’s) and checking protocols and approving medication
- To undertake certain medical procedures as required including venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, ECG’s etc.
- To carry out a comprehensive handover from outgoing RMO to incoming RMO daily basis.
- To assess patients at the request of nurses in charge/nurses and manage any emergencies which may arise with the guidance of the consultant in charge
- To maintain a high standard of work and uphold the professional image of Leaders in Oncology Care
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Conduct audits to promote a better and safer practice
- Evidence of experience in a range of acute medical specialties, with experience of managing patients on unselected medical take during core training or equivalent
- Experience at CT/ST 1/2 level of managing patients with cancer disease and managing cancer-related emergencies by the time of commencement of ST3 training
- Evidence of skills in the management of patients not requiring hospital admission (Phone triage)
- MBBS medical qualification
- GMC Registered
- Evidence of specialist training in Oncology
- Advanced Life Support Certificate as required to complete core medical competences by intended start date
Our attractive rewards packages include:
- Paid indemnity insurance,
- 5 days study leave,
- Medical healthcare insurance,
- Contributory pension,
- Onsite revalidation officer,
- Guaranteed annual salary review.
- In house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests
For further information or to apply please call Daisy Bruce or Gemma Wright on 01908 062100 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon.