Pertemps Medical are currently recruiting for a Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine within the NHS. This is to work within one of the regions teaching hospitals who believe it's absolutely paramount to encourage staff to develip their skill sets and train 25% of all medical students in the region.
Contract: Fixed Term/Permanent
Please see some brief information about the role:
- You will be jointly appointed by the Clinical Specialty Services Division (Intensive Care Medicine) and the Medical Division (ED, acute, respiratory & renal medicine), however line management to the post holder will be delivered by the Clinical Specialty Services Division (CSSD).
- The post will have regular input into the intensive care unit including the out-of-hours on call commitment and will provide opportunities for additional day time work in anaesthesia or one of the departments of the Medical Division, depending on the additional qualification of the post holder.
- A job plan for the post taking due account of the terms and conditions of service for Hospital Medical and Dental Staff will be finally agreed with the Consultant after appointment. A specimen time-table is included. It is recognised that the work programme for any new Consultant taking up the post will take time to settle into, before establishing a regular pattern of work and to be able to satisfy changing clinical demands. It is expected that the appointee’s Job Plan will be reviewed and agreed annually.
The service seeks dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic colleagues, committed to the highest standards of practice, evidence based medicine and quality assurance. Indicative Weekly Job Plan
- The framework of the job plan will be based on 10 Programmed Activities (PAs): There are two distinct weeks in any cycle of 8 weeks that need some more detailed description
- A week of ICM-duty consists of daily (08:00 – 18:00) allocation to DCC Monday to Friday (Consultant of the week). There is no on call period during this week. This pattern currently occurs on a 1:7 basis (averaged)
A full job description and further details can be sent upon interest. If you'd like more information please contact Daisy-Rose Bruce on 01908 533240 or email email@example.com
Look forward to hearing from you soon.