Specialist Lead Doctor
Pertemps Medical are currently looking for a specialist lead doctor in the private sector with a desire for best practice and interest in training, mentoring and supervising junior doctors. You will be working within the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK.
Salary: £70000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Hours: X3 12 hour day shifts per week
Location: St Johns Wood - London
Grade: We are looking for candidates at a ST4 and above grade
Speciality: Experience in Stroke Medicine, Neurology or Rehabilitation is desirable
Principle aims of the role
This Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist Lead Doctor role will play a vital part of the medical management team.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Provide professional leadership, clinical expertise in the daily running of the unit, acting as the lead doctor to support Consultants and nursing teams
- Line manage junior doctors and physician associates including supervision and education, provide pastoral support and recording and approving any leave; sickness, study and annual leave ensuring safe levels of cover on the unit at all times.
- Service development including clinical governance, audit and research
Perform clinical procedures as required by the Consultants
- Ensure all adult patients, are reviewed daily and patient’s medical records are accurately updated.
- Implement and manage key clinical training competencies with the trainees ensuring each trainee has an educational portfolio.
- Promote and lead relevant research projects in the unit. Publication of case reports in peer review journals is encouraged under the supervision of Head of Medical Services.
- Lead on Service development including clinical governance, audit and research
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- GMC registration with a licence to practise
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) qualification
- Ideally has achieved CCT, however senior registrar ST6+ level and above medically trained General Medicine or equivalent, will be considered.
- Experience in clinical neurology, stroke medicine or rehabilitation medicine, desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and inspire a team. Benefits
- 5 Days study leave
- Private medical healthcare insurance
- Contributory pension
- Onsite revalidation officer
- Guaranteed annual salary review
- Sponsoring of a master degree in medical management, this is a 2 year fully funded course in association with Cass Business School London.
If you are applying from overseas- we will fund your Tier 2 Visa and provide 3 months free accommodation
For further information please call Daisy Bruce or Gemma Wright on 01908 533240 or to apply you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.